Ageless Nail Care Routine
The best ageless radiance nail care routine is one that includes a healthy diet.
Develop a routine early
- Firstly, don’t wait till you are in your 40s or 50s. Start taking care of your hands now. Just as you have a routine for your face, skin, hair and mouth; develop a routine for your hands and nails. Keep it simple and effortless.
- Then, Protect your hands
- Next, as much as possible, try to use gentle, natural soaps when washing your hands. Avoid harsh chemicals.
- Use gloves when washing dishes, gardening or cleaning. Keep several moisturizers around — one in your car, your handbag, by the sink, at work and on your bedside table. At night, apply a thick layer of moisturizer and sleep with cotton or linen gloves on.
- Moisturizing restores suppleness, radiance, youthfulness and agelessness. Avoid chemically laden moisturizers. I use coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil or this Ageless radiance Skin-Care cream.
- Meanwhile, If you don’t have time to make your own moisturizer look for ingredients like glycerin, which absorbs and retains moisture. Shea or Cocao butter, lanolin, aloe vera, and hyaluronic acid. These products form a protective barrier that prevents moisture from evaporating. Avoid hormone and endocrine disruptors, parabens, phthalates and other chemicals you can’t pronounce.
- Also,exfoliate once a week for a couple of minutes or when you exfoliate your face to remove dull skin.
Avoid using harsh polish
Ok, if you must use polish :(, more companies are now jumping into the clean beauty wagon. Find and use less toxic nail polish and polish remover. Take your clean beauty products with you to the spa and nail salon. Because theirs is not what you want to use if you want agelessly radiant beautiful hands and nails naturally!!
Nail polish typically contains very toxic chemicals such as toluene, dibutyl phthalate, dimethyl and diethyl phthalates, camphor, and formaldehyde.
Be sure to read the labels carefully before purchasing. You can also buy water-based polishes, which don’t last as long but are the safest option out there. Chose acetone-free removers. There’s some removers with vanilla and fruit acids I am guessing could not be worst than the alternative. I haven’t tried them so I couldn’t tell you if they are any good…:)
Buff instead of color. A bit of buffing can go a long ways. Trim, file, and buff your nails properly and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how great they can look, despite being au naturel. Never saw back and forth with a file because that can weaken your nails. Always file from the outside edge of the nail inward.
Alternately, there are also spas and nail salons that offer non-toxic services albeit at a higher price. If you can afford it, it’s worth the extra cost. If not, everything in your kitchen is free and the best for naturally beautiful agelessly radiant hands and nails.
DIY Natural nail-strengthening treatment
This recipe comes from a book called There’s Lead in Your Lipstick by Gill Deacon.
Mix: 2 tsp castor oil, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp wheat germ oil. Mix and keep in a sealed bottle. Rub a small amount onto your nails. Leave for 3 to 5 minutes. Wipe off. Makes enough for 20 to 30 applications.
What is your favorite homemade nail care secret??