Ageless Radiance Nourishing Oatmeal
This Ageless Radiance Nourishing Oatmeal can be eaten for breakfast or anytime of the day. It is prepared overnight so breakfast is ready in a snap. Moreover, it is versatile, quick and easy as a snack as well. Besides, no cooking is necessary. Just soak your rolled oats ahead, add your favorite ingredients and Voila!!
How to Make No-Cook Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp plain grass milk yogurt
- 1Tbsp plain organic kefir
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- A hand full of raw unsalted nuts of choice (cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts or all mixed as I did)
- 1 square dark chocolate chopped to small bits and pieces or just use cacao nibs, I didn’t have any on hand so I chopped up my dark cacao bar. just break it by hand, works the same (at least 75% cacao)
- honey to taste (I don’t measure my honey, I eyeball it. Start with 2 tbsp and add as needed)
- Dried organic mixed berries (no sugar added. My mix has sun-dried mulberries, goji berries, blackberries)
- 1 avocado (for serving)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice. I use almond milk, grass milk or goat milk
- 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil or 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Remember, all ingredients are optional except oats and milk. you can just add milk to oats and be done. Food is medicine and in every meal, I nourish and provide healing to my body. For ageless radiance, wholesomeness, longevity and beauty you can feel
In a glass jar first start with your oats. Add chia seeds to your oats and mix before adding your wet ingredients. Next add yogurt, kefir, milk honey and all the fixins except avocado.
Now stir while making sure your oats are completely immersed in milk.
Finally cover and refrigerate overnight for breakfast or until needed.
Before serving, cut your avocado and add to your oatmeal and serve either cold or hot.
To serve hot pour in a sauce pan and heat to desired temperature. If not, this nourishing delish comes out of the refrigerator ready to eat.
Ps: Just adding cacao, Yogurt and kefir adds much needed gut healing prebiotics and probiotics besides making it more creamy. Probiotics produce lactic acid that aids digestion and also heals the gut. Cacao provides prebiotics that enables the probiotics to do their job more efficiently.
And then there is chia:
- Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium.
- A 28-gram, or 1-ounce, serving of chia seeds also contains 5.6 grams of protein.
- Mixed with water, they can replace egg in vegan cooking.
- Chia seeds can be eaten cooked or raw, but they should be added to another food or soaked before eating.
Moreover, a simple creamy, hearty, healthy, satisfying and absolutely delicious meal anyone can make and enjoy. Even the kids!! Beats store bought cereal any day of the week.
So have you tried no-cook oatmeal before? what did you think?