B12 For Ageless Radiance
Add Vitamin B12 as methyl cobalamin to your beauty routine regimen for Ageless Radiance and beauty you can feel. Just like vitamin C, B12 is an essential water soluble antioxidant that the body needs but does not produce. It helps the body produce DNA and red blood cells. But also supports the immune system, and encourages healthy nerve functions.
Also read: Vitamin C for skincare
what is Vitamin B12 good for in ageless radiance
- Vitamin B12 has many roles in the body and benefits the body in impressive ways. It supports the normal function of your nerve cells and is needed for red blood cell formation and DNA synthesis. As well as boosts energy, improves memory and helps prevent heart dis-ease.
- Just like all of the vitamin B complex; vitamin B12 in it’s methylated form (Methyl Cobalamin) helps to regulate the production of pigment in the skin. Which in-turn helps to prevent dark spots and pigmentation.
- It Promotes better sleep and improves mood and concentration.
- Methyl Cobalamin also assists the body with the metabolism of protein. Which, in turn, promotes the growth of healthy skin cells and helps to repair damaged skin.
- If you want to achieve a clear, even complexion, you need to ensure that you’re including Vitamin B-rich foods in your diet every single day.
- Promotes healthy hair growth. Healthy vitamin B12 levels are important for your hair, skin and nails. Since B12 helps produce red blood cells, having enough of this vitamin is essential to the hair, skin and nail growth process.
- All B vitamins play a major part in the body in energy production although they do not necessarily provide energy. Vitamin B12 is involved in energy production in the body. Taking a supplement or a shot improves energy level, if you are deficient in this vitamin. Consequently fights fatigue and increases metabolism.
- B12 is necessary for cell reproduction and can be applied topically for skin benefits because it reduces inflammation, dryness, and acne. It is sometimes used to treat conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
You may also like: Beauty- Self Care Routine
How much to take
For most adults, the recommended daily intake (RDI) is 2.4 mcg, though it’s higher for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Also read: Morning Skin Care Routine
What foods are high in Vitamin B12
It’s found naturally in animal products, but also added to certain foods and available as an oral supplement or injection.
Vitamin B12 is almost exclusively available from animal-derived foods such as:
- Fish like wild caught salmon/trout
- Poultry such as chicken breast
- Meat, goat, lamb especially the liver
- Dairy like cheese
- plain yogurt
- Nutritional yeast
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones. Following a diet rich in leafy green vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains — a strategy long-touted as the best way to achieve good health — is also an effective way to look as healthy as you feel and glow from the inside out. Evaluate your diet to see where you might need improvement.You might like: Ageless Radiance Skin-Care Cream
What are the symptoms of B12 Deficiency
The most common early signs of vitamin B12 deficiency is fatigue, weakness or lack of energy. Other symptoms include:
- skin rashes
- cracks around the mouth, scaly skin on the lips and swollen tongue
- confusion and irritability or depression
- abdominal cramps
- diarrhea or constipation
- numbness or tingling in the feet and hands
When vitamin B12 levels are too low, the production of red blood cells is altered, causing megaloblastic anemia.
B12 deficiency in the beginning stages of pregnancy may increase the risk of birth defects, such as neural tube defects. Furthermore, maternal vitamin B12 deficiency may contribute to premature birth or miscarriage
vitamin B12 deficiency also leads to lower than normal bone mineral density. Bones with decreased mineral density can become delicate and fragile over time, leading to an increased risk of osteoporosis.
Similarly: Homemade DIY Ageless Radiance Serum
Health Benefits of Vitamin B12
- Prevents Major Birth Defects. Adequate vitamin B12 levels are crucial to a healthy pregnancy. They’re important for the prevention of brain and spinal cord birth defects.
- Reduces Risk of Macular Degeneration. Maintaining adequate levels of vitamin B12 decreases homocysteine levels in your blood. This helps prevent the development of age-related macular degeneration. Which is an eye dis-ease that mainly affects the central vision
- Vitamin B12 is needed for the production of serotonin, a chemical responsible for regulating mood. Vitamin B12 supplement helps improve mood in people with an existing deficiency.
- It also reduces the risk of heart dis-ease since it decreases blood homocysteine. A type of amino acid that is associated with an increased risk of heart disease.