Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe vera is a beneficial popular medicinal plant that is used in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries. It’s leaves are full of a gel-like substance that contains numerous beneficial compounds including but not limited to antioxidants. These antioxidants belong to a large family of substances known as polyphenols. Aloe vera also contains vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- Polyphenols along with other compounds in Aloe inhibit the growth of certain harmful bacteria that can cause infections in humans.
- Aloe vera is great for skin injuries, sores, skin burns, sunburns etc. Applying it to burn wounds speeds up the healing process.
- Aloe vera when used as a mouth wash kills the plaque-producing bacterium Streptococcus mutans in the mouth. As well as the yeast Candida albicans for a fresher, healthier smile and beautiful healthy teeth.
- Aloe vera reduces pain associated with and accelerates the healing of mouth ulcers and canker sores.
- The laxative properties of aloe vera latex makes it useful in treating constipation.
We will look at how to incorporate aloe vera in our daily routines in subsequent blogs so please subscribe. Follow and let me know if you have a favorite aloe vera recipe to share.