Vitamin C For Ageless Radiance
Vitamin C is also an essential antioxidant to add to your daily Ageless Radiance and skincare routine. In fact, vitamin c is a precursor to collagen which firms the skin for Ageless Radiance. Furthermore, it is an ancient, priceless beauty secret. From foods and nature; loaded with antioxidants for ageless radiance anybody can afford.
Now, vitamin c for skincare does not only apply to facial creams and lotions. Nor does it only imply purchasing products with a tiny bit of vitamin c at the end of the ingredient list. Seriously, that is obviously not really doing anything for your skin I can guarantee you that. Nor is it improving your quality of life.
Tap into it’s full potential for ageless radiant skin. Add vitamin c supplements to your daily beauty regime and watch the wrinkles fall off. Experience the dead skin naturally peel off. Feel you skin tighten and enjoy all the other scientifically proven benefits of this power house that improves your quality of life. It’s a win win situation, there’s really nothing to lose.
First I will dare you to guess my age when you first see me and confidently bet money that you will be way off. So I confess to curious minds how I continue to look so vibrant, youthful and agelessly radiant. And furthermore, not a single grey in my hair, or a wrinkle anywhere.
Functions of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a precursor to collagen. The body needs it for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body.
- Forms an important protein the body uses to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels
- Heals wounds and forms scar tissue
- Repairs and maintains cartilage, bones, and teeth
- Aids in the absorption of iron. Hence prevents iron deficiency.
Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals.
- Free radicals are made when the body breaks down food. Or when you are exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation. And other environmental pollutants like lead, mercury, formaldehyde etc.
- The buildup of free radicals over time causes the aging process.
- Free radicals play a role in cancer, heart disease, and conditions like arthritis.
The body is not able to make vitamin C on its own anymore. It does not store vitamin C. It is therefore important to include plenty of vitamin C-containing foods in your daily diet.
Or better yet for optimal beauty supplement with daily vitamin c for ageless radiant youthful beautiful looking skin.
I will take an extreme approach and suggest that you look at skincare as starting from within.
Skincare has nothing to do with creams and lotions and everything to do with a lifestyle of mindfulness. Let me introduce you to my best kept secret for ageless radiance. Taking high dose vitamin c daily for skincare.
Start with a diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
Food Sources of Vitamin C
All fruits and vegetables contain some amount of vitamin C.
Fruits with the highest sources of vitamin C include:
- Citrus fruits and juices, such as orange and grapefruit
- Kiwi fruit
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and cranberries
Vegetables with the highest sources of vitamin C include:
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower
- Green and red peppers
- Spinach, cabbage, turnip greens, and other leafy greens
- Sweet and white potatoes
- Tomatoes and tomato juice
- Winter squash
Cooking vitamin C-rich foods or storing them for a long period of time reduces the vitamin C content. Whereas steaming vitamin C-rich foods reduces cooking losses.
Also read: Salad: Red Cabbage Slaw
The best food sources of vitamin C are uncooked or raw fruits and vegetables. Exposure to light also reduces vitamin C content. Eat lots of salads and squeeze your own juices at home. Try this DIY cantaloupe juice recipe or this Aloe Berry Blast to ramp up your daily C with fresh fruits and veggies. Even add the Red cabbage slaw to your weekly menu as well.
Do you have some vitamin c for skincare beauty secrets and hacks of your own? Please share with us in the chat below 🙂